Maine DOG Magazine currently looking for contributors who can provide our readers with well-balanced articles. Articles are welcomed on any dog related issue or trend and may cover one of the many subjects set out in the article topics list (below) or specific topics / subjects that the article author thinks are appropriate to Maine and the dog community. Please get in touch and we will review your submission and will do our best to publish your article in Maine DOG Magazine.
New Feature – Post Your Own Story
We are now welcoming you to submit your own post on the Maine DOG Magazine Website! That’s right – we want to share your insights with others! Have a great story about your adventures in Maine with your trusty canine companion? Or, maybe you have a story about your experience when buying or rescuing a dog? Either way, we welcome you to share it with us and the rest of the Maine DOG Magazine community. So what are you waiting for?
For topic ideas, browse our list below.
Article/Post Topic Suggestions & Idea List
WINTER ISSUE: Articles due by November 15, 2016
- Your Ultimutt Gift Guide
- Easy-to-make Holiday Treats
- Winter Proofing Your Dog’s Paws
- Protect Your Dog from Winter Dog-Park Dangers
SPRING ISSUE: Articles due by February 15, 2017
- Moving with Your Pets
- Allergy Busters
- Dog Birthday Party Ideas
- On Your Vacation – Road Trip Tips
- Love is in the Air – Which Breed is Your Best Match?
SUMMER ISSUE: Articles due by May 15, 2017
- Last Minute Dog Friendly Vacation Ideas
- 10 Fun Summer Ideas for You and Your Dog
- Six Tips to Keep Your Dog Cool in the Summer
- Wedding Bells – Include Your Dog in Your Big Day
- Dog Friendly Beaches in Maine
FALL ISSUE: Articles due by August 15, 2017
- DIY Halloween Dog Costumes
- Cozy Cabin Retreats
- Table Scraps – Celebrating Thanksgiving with Your Dog
- 6 Fall Dog Events in Portland
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Top 5 Holiday Dangers to Pets
GENERIC ARTICLES: To be submitted for any seasonal issue
- Raw Food – Is it Right for Your Dog?
- Fostering 101
- Good Dog! Annoying Behavioral Problems Solved
- Food Allergies 101
- Volunteer! 10 Ways to Help Shelter Dogs
- Dogs + Babies
- Dog Friendly “People” Food
- Smart & Sensible Grooming Tips
- Secrets to Good Canine Health
- Rescue Me – Help Your Shelter Dog Adapt to his/her New Life
- How to Read Your Dogs Tail
- Protect Your Dog from Heartworms/Fleas/Etc.
- How Do I Puppy-Proof My Home?
- Grieving Your Pet
- Choosing care for your dog(s) when you’re away
- Choosing a vet
- “Doggie Daycare”
- Loving your dog(s)
- Recipes for Dogs
- Pet Companions – dogs, cats, rabbits, etc.
- Why Neutering/Spaying your Dog is Important
- Where to find affordable/lower cost dog shot clinics
SPECIAL SERIES: To be featured in every issue
- Antics (reader write in)
- Ability/Agility – Work outs for your pooch(es)
- Budget Buys – Stuff your dog will love – Under $20
- Books We Love
- Ask the Vet
- Meet the “Breed name here”
- Adoptable Dogs
- Local Scoops – Local Pet Friendly Stops
- Ask The Trainer
Featured Image Copyright: Dogster